Skirmish Shadowrun V.2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow Runners unite!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duke_Fuentes

Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon Empty
PostSubject: Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon   Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 3:34 am

Not knowing much about corporate law (now or in the world of Shadowrun) I've tried to come up with a reasonable explanation for why Gideon is hiding. Since this is Shadowrun it involves flying cowboy pirates. The link below describes what has happened over the last three years and what's going on right now:

VE History and Current Status

I sort of took the liberty of making my company successful but it's engineered so it would not be easy to get access to any company assets so I think it should be OK. If anyone thinks something should be changed, let me know.

Possible Character Connections:

For Trigger:

1) Trigger could have been hired to deal with the para-critter threat that VE had about a year and a half ago. This would involve going to Brukina Faso and figuring out what was eating the cattle and how to stop it.

2) Gideon has been involved in researching people and spirits somewhat associated with the Wild Hunt. It's possible that Trigger could have learned of this if she came to Burkina as in 1 above or it's possible that they could have crossed paths while trying to find info on the Wild Hunt.

3) Gideon has been close to a number of Trolls that have had big reps (Eric, A-Bomb, etc.) Unfortunately none of those players are in the game but there could still be a connection.

For Hotei:

1) Medical Clinic connection. Gideon knows several doctors: There's doc Carlos who was last seen taking care of Red, the brain in a jar. There's Dr Shaila Keigwin, the Indian doctor who ran the VE Medical Clinic, it's possible that Gideon could have relocated her and her staff to Seattle a few months back when things started getting dangerous with the Mega Corps. There's also various un-named doctors from the Gama teams that might have set up a clinic in Seattle.

2) Chance encounters. Gideon gets around and lately he has been traveling to do land speculation. Its possible the Gideon and Hotei could have met before Hotei came to Seattle.

Back to top Go down
Rystefn

Rystefn

PostSubject: Re: Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon   Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 2:34 pm

I love it. Lots of story hooks there. Way to set yourself with enemies fairly high up in some of the nastier AAAs, too.
Back to top Go down
Phedre

Phedre

PostSubject: Re: Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon   Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:53 am

Well, Trigger has made quite a name for herself as a para-critter hunter, so that would have had to involve her doing some traveling as that is part of the Bounty Hunter gig. I like the idea that she was hired to head out to see what was eating the cattle (any idea or should I come up with it?)

As for the other, it makes sense they crossed paths at some point concerning the Wild Hunt. That exchange could have gone either way, although considering their levels of access, it really depends on how big the company was as the time she was called in to help (year 2, 2nd quarter). How likely is it that the bounty hunter *cough* I mean, para-critter expert would get face time with Blais? If likely, then that would work. Otherwise, it might make more sense if he found out she had witnessed the Wild Hunt as a girl and was attempting to ask her about it for his research at some point through out their pasts. Likely would have come up when they did a background check of her to bring her in as an expert?
Back to top Go down
Duke_Fuentes

PostSubject: Re: Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon   Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:37 am

Even being super generous with the growth rate of the company at year two, second quarter, there would probably be less than 200 employees and it would be pretty much guaranteed that Triger and Blais would have face time since the threat to the cattle could have destroyed the company.

I may need some help from Will to remember all the details but at the end of the Belfast run the team was hiding in rule Ireland (Tir Na nOg) when a free spirit named Connell the Hunter and his pack of spirit hounds tracked the party down. I had it in my mind that Connel was somehow associated with the Wild Hunt (something about the skys darkening and the sound of hooves) but that could me rememberingit wrong. However, the Wild Hunt is associated with Tir Na nOg and regardless of whether are not Connel was really associated with the Wild Hunt Blais would have looked into the Wild Hunt while looking into Connel, the spirits of Tir Na nOg and the mysterious elf name Quinn who is supposedly looking for him.

At any rate, Blais would not have had the same level of motivation to investigate the Wild Hunt as Trigger but (I think) Blais would have better access to info and better skills at interpreting it. If Blais was watching trigger as she stared at the sky and if he asked her about it I could see him gleaning more information that Trigger would have expected from a cryptic dismissive comment. That might explain how they could have got into a conversation about something so personal to Trigger.
Back to top Go down
Phedre

Phedre

PostSubject: Re: Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon   Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 2:15 am

That makes sense. She wouldn't talk about it to someone who was just digging into her past, but the moment she thought he had any information at all, she would have been all over it trying to find out what he knew, since information is so terribly scarce and hard to come by for her. We should figure out how much time they spent together and how well they know each other from that job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon   Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon Empty

Back to top Go down

Flying Cowboy Pirates and other ways you character could know Gideon
Page 1 of 1