Skirmish Shadowrun V.2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow Runners unite!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Full Auto Adjustment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slide
Admin
Slide

Full Auto Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Full Auto Adjustment   Full Auto Adjustment EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:27 am

We have all heard rockwell's rant about how firing full auto or supresive fire over an entire combat turn should take more than 10 bullets. yada yada. here is my sugestion.

SR4 says a combat turn is ~3 seconds, lets just streach that to 4 to make math easy.

Each combat turn has 4 passes- 1 pass=1 second

At full auto a gun would fire 10 rounds a second and have a firing rate of 600 rounds per minute. (actually kinda low compared to real life counterparts.)

When shooting full auto at a target, if you have no more passes that turn you may continue to fire full auto. Make a second test with an aditonal -10 recoil penalty (usualy this would make taking this option pointless) if you are reduced to bellow 0 dice you would have to make an edge test or roll 1d6 to keep from glitching out. haven't thought that through a whole lot.

This creates a situation where some one can fire at a target full auto for an extended amount of time. but if they don't have multiple inititive passes they have to pause to be able to comp for the recoil. follow me?

I suggest a similar system with suppressive fire. More bullets spent but it has the additional bonus of forcing a dodge test every initiative pass, not just when you have an action.

I can't find the post that I made before about altering the shadow run combat turn slightly. at least the interpretation of it. I'll link it if i ever find it, but I belive these rules fit in well with the concept of having multiple IP lets you act in X number of passes durring a combat turn, and you may want to wait until a later pass to act.
Back to top Go down
https://datahavens.forumotion.com
Slide
Admin
Slide

Full Auto Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full Auto Adjustment   Full Auto Adjustment EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:43 pm

I would also like to note that this makes high recoil comp and mounted turrets incredibly dangrous. A gun mounted on a vehical is considered to have all recoil compensated for, so even the most illiterate conscript can fire it full auto reliably at the same target.
Back to top Go down
https://datahavens.forumotion.com

Full Auto Adjustment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skirmish Shadowrun V.2.0 :: The Big OC :: Rules-
Jump to: