Skirmish Shadowrun V.2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow Runners unite!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Duke_Fuentes

Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting? Empty
PostSubject: Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting?   Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:18 am

I think the Shadowrun game has kind hit a slump. I like having the game night but I'm wondering if we should try something different for a little while. Will P and eye were talking about this last night and we're interested in trying some wargames using the vassal engine. In particular we're thinking about plaing some All Things Zombie from 2 hour wargames. It uses the chain reaction game system which I've played a few times and have found to be pretty interesting. I've never played All Things Zombie but I can tell you that every convention I've been to where it's been offered the game has been packed. The cool thing about chain reaction is that you can, in theory, all work together to play agains thte game. Or you can have a game master to run things. Either way I think it might be fun to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Duke_Fuentes

PostSubject: Re: Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting?   Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:47 am

On closer examination, it appears that a new edition of ATZ is about to be released and right now Ed Teixeira isn't selling the old version anymore. So... in the mean time we could try the free chain reaction fantasy rules they're called Charin Reaction 3 - Swordplay and you can get it from the 2 hour wargame sight or from drivethrurpg.com
Back to top Go down
Slide
Admin
Slide

PostSubject: Re: Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting?   Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:57 am

I talked to dice about this last night, he said the ATZ sounded intresting. I'd like to try to get into that. I also talked to him about changing the day and he said he didn't mind. My vote is Thursday night. My schedual is in flux atm since we just lost a guy and a major outage is planned, but i should be able to be there 4 out of 5 weeks. I'll ask him about the fantasy game as well. What about the free modual of the zombie game that he had up on the sight? any intrest in that?
Back to top Go down
https://datahavens.forumotion.com
Duke_Fuentes

PostSubject: Re: Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting?   Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:33 am

I played around with Vassal a little and it looks like it's not straight forward to add content to a module. There is enough stuff in the ATZ module for us to get started so maybe we should play zombies even if we just have to sort of make it up. I don't know if there is anothe generic fantasy module out there that we could addapt, there probably is, by I'm thining sticking with the basic chain reaction rules, some stuff we make up and what comes in the Vassal module should probably work.

I think the freerules you were talking about is Zombie Golf. I just downloaded them and it's really a suplement so I'm not sure how much help it will be although it looks cool. You play golf and while you're playing random zombies show up for you to kill.
Back to top Go down
Slide
Admin
Slide

PostSubject: Re: Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting?   Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:12 pm

That sounds amazing.
Back to top Go down
Duke_Fuentes

PostSubject: Re: Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting?   Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting? EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:32 am

I joined 2-hour wargame yahoo group and read some of there ATZ battle reports. It's interesting because it seems to be half way between an RPG and a wargame. I really wish they were selling the main rules now.

In vassal there are some charts for ATZ, there isn't enough info to really figure out what's going on but I think there's enough to play the game. One interesting tidbit from the battle reports is the significance of other humans. It seems ATZ is much more of a post apocalypse game than a zombie game so a lot of the interaction is between humans but the sudden appearance of zombies (and sometimes in large numbers) really adds to the drama.

I think ATZ may be just what we were looking for. It's kind of beer and pretzels but at the same time it's pretty cool and pretty much desinged for campaign play.
Back to top Go down
Duke_Fuentes

PostSubject: Re: Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting?   Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Are we going to shoot for Thursday Sept 20th for the ATZ game? Have you had a chance to install Vassal and play with it? We'll probably have to do some troubleshooting with getting the netweok connections working.
Back to top Go down
Slide
Admin
Slide

PostSubject: Re: Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting?   Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting? EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:51 pm

I haven't had a chance to mess with vassal yet. I'll play around with it tonight. I think thursday is the best day this week.
Back to top Go down
Duke_Fuentes

PostSubject: Re: Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting?   Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting? EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Sounds good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting?   Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting? Empty

Back to top Go down

Break from Shadowrun for Zombie Fighting?
Page 1 of 1