Skirmish Shadowrun V.2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow Runners unite!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cyberlimb armor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rystefn

Rystefn

Cyberlimb armor Empty
PostSubject: Cyberlimb armor   Cyberlimb armor EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:48 am

So we were talking about this a while back, and it seems the FAQ implies the full rating of you armor from cyberlimbs is used, rather than averaging it.

Quote :
Does cyberlimb armor for cyber half-limbs add its entire Rating to the character’s Armor Rating in SR4A?

Yes. Armor enhancements to lower arm/lower leg cyberlimbs (and cyberhands/cyberfeet) apply their full Rating to the character’s Armor Rating. Gamemasters may choose to only apply the partial cyberlimb’s attributes, including armor, to tests directly involving said cyberlimb (p.343, SR4A).
Back to top Go down
Slide
Admin
Slide

Cyberlimb armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberlimb armor   Cyberlimb armor EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:53 am

While this can quickly get out of hand (I built a troll with almost 40 armor) it should really really be remembered that there are social implications of walking around with giant chromed out refrigerator bodies. It attracts attention of cops, security, and mechanics. Plus I would also like to see the rule about going over 2xbody in armor reducing reaction/agility enforced on this armor as well.

But now that I write that down I think what happens when you go full tin man with body arms legs and skull? i mean... your a freaking machine, how much would extra armor really slow you down when you have retarded amounts of str and body on your cyber limbs.... or would it just reduce your personal aglity/reaction and leave each of your limb's aglity/reactions in tact? i think i'm really over complicating this.
Back to top Go down
https://datahavens.forumotion.com
Rystefn

Rystefn

Cyberlimb armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberlimb armor   Cyberlimb armor EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:27 pm

If you burn off all your essence and money on cyberlimbs with massive armor, then you can have it, I say. Is it that much different than making a rigger with an armored van and a rigger cocoon wearing armor inside the cocoon and sending in drones to fight? Or the troll Adept who piles on combat armor, PPP, form-fitting armor, and gel-packs as well as maxing Mystic Armor and Combat Sense? Are any of the above cheesier than Dr. Goodhands?
Back to top Go down
Slide
Admin
Slide

Cyberlimb armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberlimb armor   Cyberlimb armor EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:02 pm

well... The cyberlimb monster can still put on PPP, Form fitting and what not.

And nothing is as cheesy as Dr. Goodhands. Thats why he has never made an appearance. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://datahavens.forumotion.com
Duke_Fuentes

Cyberlimb armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberlimb armor   Cyberlimb armor EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 1:39 am

I think this requires a house rule.

I'm all for boosting the cyber based characters but adding the armor rating of each limb is ridiculous.

Here is what I propose:

Lower Arm, Lower Leg, Hand, Feet and Skull armor is only for when those specific body parts are targeted.

Base Armor rating benefit for character = (L Leg Armor + R Leg Armor + Torso Armor + L Arm Armor + R Arm Armor)/5 Round up.
Final Armor rating benefit = Base Armor Rating Benefit + (1 for 2 armored limbs, + 2 for 3 armored limbs, +3 for 4 armored limbs, +4 for 5 armored limbs) where armored limbs are arms, legs and/or body with at least 1 point of armor.

Armor availability is reduced to Rating * 3
Armor capacity is reduced to 0 for Obvious Limbs (it's on the outside)

I think this is generous to people with cyberlimbs but it doesn't make dermal plating, ortho skin, etc pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cyberlimb armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberlimb armor   Cyberlimb armor Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyberlimb armor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skirmish Shadowrun V.2.0 :: The Big OC :: Rules-
Jump to: