Skirmish Shadowrun V.2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow Runners unite!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mi Casa.......

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Slide
Admin
Slide

Mi Casa....... Empty
PostSubject: Mi Casa.......   Mi Casa....... EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Ok so we are talking about getting a shared lifestyle. I'm don't have the book but I would like to go on and add some cometary.

At the moment, Slide is incredibly Poor.

We need a large space where people wouldn't notice a hobo troll, Yakuza princes and whatever cleaver is living together.

We need to be able to rip apart walls and what not to add our own security.

We should be have multiple escape paths.

We need individual safe houses.

We should minimize the amount of Shadow Activity there.

I'm thinking a large loft or storage area in the dock district.
Back to top Go down
https://datahavens.forumotion.com
NinjaJeff

NinjaJeff

Mi Casa....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mi Casa.......   Mi Casa....... EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:46 am

We could go back to South America and get in touch with Julio again.
Back to top Go down
Slide
Admin
Slide

Mi Casa....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mi Casa.......   Mi Casa....... EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:57 pm

we are actualy actively avoiding our old contacts to prevent from being tracked down again. Assuming new identities and what not.
Back to top Go down
Rystefn

Rystefn

Mi Casa....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mi Casa.......   Mi Casa....... EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:31 pm

There are lifestyle qualities in Runner's Companion for doing a lot of what you are talking about here. Secret exits and hasty escapes and such are covered in those rules. They also have rules for aising the security rating above the normal lifestyle levels, but I don't see a reason why you couldn't install your own stuff rather than just paying higher rent to get it (or both, actually).

Note: If anyone was considering getting the AI in Residence quality to have Fate live with you, realize that it's a negative quality, and even if you know the AI in question, it will act as one (she controls the settings on everything hooked to the network, so you listen to the music she wants, watch what she puts on, and see the AR overlay she likes... Also, the kitchen orders the food she thinks you should be eating, the temp stays at a level she thinks is best, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Duke_Fuentes

Mi Casa....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mi Casa.......   Mi Casa....... EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:06 am

Just a quick note on Fate. Prior to the Gamma Teams Fate had become a true AI (or maybe she had been all along) but it was too dangerous for her to be with Gideon so she "went free." Since then she has turned up at key moments to help Gideon and others but for the most part she had disappeared. I'm not exactly sure of the details but I want to run a game that will involve finding out what has been going on with Fate, for that reason I want to keep it as before where she only shows up on rare instances and only when it's really important.
Back to top Go down
Slide
Admin
Slide

Mi Casa....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mi Casa.......   Mi Casa....... EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:43 pm

She is probably involved in an epic power struggle with Red.
Back to top Go down
NinjaJeff

NinjaJeff

Mi Casa....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mi Casa.......   Mi Casa....... EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Would Crash 3.0 happen if they teamed up for world domination?
Back to top Go down
Slide
Admin
Slide

Mi Casa....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mi Casa.......   Mi Casa....... EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:45 pm

unfortunaty red is too much of a megalomaniac to work with a nonbiological AI.
Back to top Go down
Duke_Fuentes

Mi Casa....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mi Casa.......   Mi Casa....... EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 1:01 am

Here is my idea for our shared lifestyle using Runner's Companion:

We occupy an abandoned building in the Redmond Barrens, the building is old and broken down but structurally sound and quite large. There's plenty of room for everyone to live plus rooms for shops, lodges, etc.

Comforts [Low, 2pts]: Amongst the junk left behind in the building is enough furnishings for everyone to have a bed or couch or pallet or whatever plus plenty of chairs and tables.

Entertainment [Middle, 3pts]: This relates more to when we are out on the town.

Necessities [High, 4pts]: The place is big with reliable power, water, etc. There's a full laundry room and kitchen both with drones as well as drones for cleaning (though they may not be able to access every part of the building.)
Neighborhood [Street, 0pts]: Redmond Barrens (the "nicer part" not the Z-zone)

Security [High, 4pts]: This represents upgrades by the team. Normaly it would include metahuman security guards, a matrix spider and spirit patrols. For privacy reasons I think we would not have these. Instead I think we would have security cameras, armed patrol drones (you do get this standard at High security) electrified fences, wards on one room. In game terms any test against our base security has a threshold of 4.

Qualities:

Easy Going Landlord (1pt): If you miss rent payment it's less likely to result in a lifestyle decrease. This represents the fact that we are mostly taking care of the building ourselves, if we don't put enough money into it stuff may start breaking down.

Hasty Exits (2pts): You can get out of the building in 1 combat turn from pretty much anyplace inside the building. This is in part due to the original design and in part due to mods we make.

Security Conscious (2pts): We can always get full or partial cover when we are inside the house. Again partially due to original design and partially due to our mods

Workplace (1pt): This basically adds additional space, our space attribute of Necessities is effectively at Luxury level (i.e. we have lots and lots of space.)

Homegrown Farming (1pt): We've set up a hydroponic gardening station with drone control on the roof. This means we get real fruits and vegetables

Poor Conditions (-1p): It's leaks when it rains, it drafty, the air conditioning/heating isn't perfect, etc. It's an old abandoned building that we've squatted in and brought back online as much as possible.

Total Lifestyle Points: 19
Monthly Cost: 9000 newyen

For each additional person the cost goes up by +10% but get's divided among them.

In theory this lifestyle package requires you to have a real SIN or a fake SIN rating 3 or above. I think since it's shared really only one person would need it but to take advantage of the Middle entertainment when you are out on the town by yourself you need at least a rating 2 fake SIN.

The one question that kind of remains is why was this building left abandoned since it would be easy for any group of 5 - 10 people to occupy it and pay for it? This is just a suggestions but they do have a negative quality of Haunted -4. If taken there's bad ju-ju going on. It doesn't cause a magical background count, at least not usually, but every once in a while scary things happen… I kind of see this as being more of a hook for a run then something long term. I think whatever the bad thing is we would probably close the rift, kill the horrible Para critter or whatever the issue is to make it go away.
Back to top Go down
Rystefn

Rystefn

Mi Casa....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mi Casa.......   Mi Casa....... EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 1:58 am

I like it. Station has a good, uncompromised fake SIN he can use. At one point, he picked up several fake SINs, and he's got one that's never been used for anything shadowrunning or lifestyle-related.

Also, I kind of like the idea of living in the Haunted old building. We just have to chase of teenagers daring each other to spend the night in the place from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Slide
Admin
Slide

Mi Casa....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mi Casa.......   Mi Casa....... EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Uh oh scooby. It was old man Cleaver the whole time!

I see the building being abandoned just due to structualy integrity issues, the area, and a failed busness. I also see there being regualer squaters there.
Back to top Go down
NinjaJeff

NinjaJeff

Mi Casa....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mi Casa.......   Mi Casa....... EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Slide wrote:
I also see there being regualer squaters there.

Jeff is good at clearing out squatters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mi Casa....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mi Casa.......   Mi Casa....... Empty

Back to top Go down

Mi Casa.......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skirmish Shadowrun V.2.0 :: The Game :: Planning-
Jump to: