Skirmish Shadowrun V.2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow Runners unite!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Writing prompts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slide
Admin
Slide

Writing prompts Empty
PostSubject: Writing prompts   Writing prompts EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:00 pm

In order to kickstart my brain after the navy sapped all the creativity out of it I'm gonna start doing some writing prompts and posting them here. Comment, write, w/e. Its my outlet.

In 300 words, Write about deceit.

Deceit: The word drips off your tongue like the honey lies of a politician, selling his new change or ground breaking slogan. The word it’s self is like a lie. A quick flick of the tongue and its out there, with a crisp cut off of a T. And that’s just how it feels. Like a whip cracking through the air when the web crashes down and you see, and feel the deceit that is before you. That you have been tricked, that you are a fool, and no one else would of ever fallen for that. And now the true danger of deceit reveals it’s self. Despair. Deceit’s older brother who makes his living off holding people down, stealing their dreams and letting them know at every opportunity there is no way out. Despair himself is so practiced at using deceit that he can force you to deceive yourself.
Come to think of it this is an Ironic cycle. If you can cut through all of the deception in your life would you find that there is nothing to despair over? In the navy they tell you that even if you got out there are no jobs, no future, and no reason to ever leave the brotherhood. Why would you? Those men with false smiles and crushed hopes would tell you to follow in their footsteps knowing full well that their brothers who once braved the civilian life managed. Maybe not perfectly but we all have to carve a life for ourselves and overcome the self imposed deceit that holds us back.
Back to top Go down
https://datahavens.forumotion.com

Writing prompts
Page 1 of 1